Grammar: Dialogue and Direct Speech (Tuesday; 23/2)

K: Know how dialogues are set out and punctuated.

U: Understand that a clause can be placed at the start, in the middle, and at the end of a sentence.

D: Identify the reporting clause in direct speech.


Words of the Day

1. Direct Speech

2. Dialogue


Dialogue and Direct Speech

Please refer to textbook, page 85.



Task Time 1

Let's give some sentences a try! Rewrite the sentence with its appropriate reporting clause based in the bracket. You can write your answers in the Zoom chat or comment section in my blog post.

1. "If you're looking for Ms Farah, she's in 5 Autumnus right now." Kingsley explained. (MIDDLE)

2. Jasmine murmured fearfully, "I think I left my homework back in my room." (END)

3. "The key to success is low expectations," Aaron said. (MIDDLE)

4. "I would like to not think today and instead go to sleep after school," Markiv casually said. (START)


Task Time 2

Ensure that you write your actual name before starting the Quizizz. You must attempt as many times until you get 100% and I will only save your highest score. Have fun!

5 Ver - Click here to start your task!

5 Autumnus - Click here to start your task!

5 Hiems - Click here to start your task!

5 Aestas - Click here to start your task!

Comments

  1. 1. "If you are looking for Ms Farah " Kingsley explained " she is in 5 Autumnus right now. "
    2. "I think I left my homework back in my room " Jasmine murmured fearfully.
    3. "The key to success is, " Aaron said , " low expectation."
    4. " Markiv casually said , " I would like to not think today and instead go to sleep after school."

    Priyanka
    5 Ver

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comprehension: 3.2 Compare Poems (Monday; 11/10) (Tuesday; 12/10) (Wednesday; 13/10)

Grammar: 3.5 Explore Figurative Language (Wednesday; 13/10) (Friday; 15/10)

Term 1 Holiday Homework December 2023 (Friday; 1/12)