Grammar: Getting the Verb Tense Right (Tuesday; 18/5)

K: Know the irregular past tenses.

U: Understand how to use past tense of the auxiliary 'be'.

D: Fill in the blanks with the appropriate verb tense.


Words of the Day

1. Verb

2. Verb tense


Time to do the task!

Please refer to textbook page 116. Write the title, questions, and your answers in your Grammar book. Don't forget to write today's day and date.


Example on how I want to see in your Grammar book:

Part A

Slowly, very slowly, Ali approached the old wooden door. What was on the other side? (continue the text in your Grammar book)

Part B

1. I was sorry that I had smashed the vase, because I liked it.

Part C

1. I wanted to draw the cat. I drew the cat quite horribly.

Please send your work in your Homeroom course - > English -> Week 33 -> Assignment Section. Once done, type done in chat :)

Comments

  1. Part A
    Slowly very slowly, Ali aproched the old, wooden door. What were on the other side ? Fumbling, he inserted the key in the lock, the darkness of the night made it difficult. Eventually, it clicked. He made the first turn. A second. A thrid. Bit by bit, it was turning, turning, turning, the noise echoing through the cold night air. What would he find on the other side? He was very scared. Very scared indeed.

    Part B

    1. I was sorry that I had smashed the vase, because I liked it.
    2. After the nurse examined him, she made some tea.
    3. He drove very slowly all the way home, as the clutch had broken.
    4. The gardener ate her lunch, then dug the vegetable patch.
    5. The climber stoped on the top of the mountain, because the view was fantastic,

    Part C

    1. I tried to draw a cat. But I drew it horribly.
    2. I try to forget the insident. I forgot about it last week.
    3. I have a friend who's sister tries to speak. Yesterday my friends sister spoke to me.
    4. I try not to lose memeories of my home town. But I realized I have lost many.
    5. I learnt to ride a horse yesterday. I have rode my horse every 2 times a week.

    Priyanka 5 Ver

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comprehension: 3.2 Compare Poems (Monday; 11/10) (Tuesday; 12/10) (Wednesday; 13/10)

Grammar: 3.5 Explore Figurative Language (Wednesday; 13/10) (Friday; 15/10)

Term 1 Holiday Homework December 2023 (Friday; 1/12)