Assessment 2 - Debate Preparation (Thursday; 18/5) (Friday; 19/5)

K: Know the checklist needed for the debate.

U: Understand the criteria of a good speaker.

D: Prepare for the debate assessment.


Words of the Day

1. Debate

2. Teamwork


Let's begin!

In your panel, discuss and prepare yourselves for the debate. You may use your device to find further information.


Task 1

Please refer to the checklist below when preparing for the debate:

1. I have enough information and evidence to make my topic more convincing.

2. I have written my notes in a cue card/test pad/exercise book.

3. I have googled and discussed some tricky questions that my opponents will ask me.

4. I have practiced my presentation to make my voice loud and clear. 

5. I have timed myself to present between 2-5 minutes.

6. My panel has prepared 2 questions to ask our opponents.

7. I contributed with my panel by showing great teamwork.


Keep in mind that the assessment is 25 marks.

Content and Rebuttal - 8M

Able to deliver detailed information and rebuttal against the opponent's reasons. Able to answer opponents' questions.


Presentation - 7M

Voice is loud and clear. Body language is obvious. Has eye contact with everyone around.


Teamwork - 7M

Everyone does their task equally. No one is doing all the work. No one is being disruptive.


Respect- 3M

Being respectful as the audience, judge, and panel member.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comprehension: 3.2 Compare Poems (Monday; 11/10) (Tuesday; 12/10) (Wednesday; 13/10)

Grammar: 3.5 Explore Figurative Language (Wednesday; 13/10) (Friday; 15/10)

Term 1 Holiday Homework December 2023 (Friday; 1/12)